Aren’t the cute colorful plastic caps good to use over the bristles of the toothbrush?

No, because bacteria from the mouth remain on the brush after use. These bacteria are not eliminated when the brush is rinsed. In fact, the bacteria incubate and multiply in the dark, damp and warm environment that the cap provides. Some childcare centers have been attracted to these colorful caps thinking that they protect the brushes. Please be aware that the use of these caps on the toothbrushes, will not allow the toothbrushes to dry regardless of how many holes are in the cap. There is just not enough air circulation inside the cap to adequately dry the bristles and prevent bacteria from multiplying.