Information on Requirements and Standards:
- Individual States Licensing Requirements for ChildCare
This is the web site which explains licensing requirements for all states.
- US Public Health Service is an elite team of more than 6,000 well-trained, highly qualified public health professionals dedicated to protecting, promoting, and advancing the health and safety of the nation. Driven by a passion for public service, these men and women serve on the leading edge of the nation’s fight against disease and poor health conditions.
- Head Start Performance Standards
This is the web site for health and dental health performance standards.
- The National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center responds to the needs of states and communities in addressing current and emerging public oral health issues. The resource center performs a variety of services, including providing tailored responses to information requests, and developing and disseminating publications such as fact sheets and resource.
- National Head Start Oral Health Resource Center the latest oral health alerts
Information on Caring for Toothbrushes in the Classroom:
- Questions about Toothbrushes in the Classroom?
This is an informational page that will explain the do’s and don’ts for toothbrush storage in the classroom.
- Center for Disease Control Recommendations
The CDC has recommendations for toothbrush storage in the classroom. “Use and Handling of Toothbrushes in Schools.”
- Recommendations for Oral Health from the University of Iowa Protocal for preschool and child care settings serving children 3-5 years old
Links to other health information sites:
- Pinatta’s View Pinatta and her puppet band use music, unusual glasses called “boggle goggles” and a child’s perspective, “40” from the floor”, to practice and then take a trip to a real dentist.
- Healthy Child Care Publication Internet site and publication with health and safety information for young children at home or in childcare.